clam diggers

I sent most of the morning visiting my reciprocal transplant sites and recording data.  I went to Campbell Cove first and recorded all the plants that were missing. I then did two 10 transects where I measured shoot density every meter.  When I first got there I noticed evidence of digging very close to my plot. No shoots were actually dug up, but dirt from a couple of holes adjacent to the plot had been dumped on top of a few of my plants. I cleared the dirt and the plants looked fine. It made me concerned about the possibility of people digging in my plot and essentially destroying my experiment.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s